CALGARY, AB, May possibly 6, 2022 /PRNewswire/ – Canadian Pacific (TSX: CP) (NYSE: CP) today released its 2021 corporate sustainability info health supplement. Developing upon the company’s 2020 corporate sustainability report, the 2021 corporate sustainability data dietary supplement outlines sustainability metrics and effectiveness in the parts of basic safety, operational excellence and social effect.
“Measuring and reporting on our sustainability general performance is a significant component of our society of steady enhancement, enabling CP and our stakeholders to examine general performance and evaluate options to even more our sustainability targets,” mentioned Keith Creel, CP’s President and Main Executive Officer. “We are continually on the lookout for means to progress our commitments and situation as a sustainability leader in the rail industry.”
CP follows finest methods for disclosure and adapts to evolving sustainability frameworks. CP’s sustainability disclosures are ready in alignment with the GRI Specifications and the SASB – Rail Transportation Framework. CP has also expanded its sustainability disclosure to include things like reporting aligned with the suggestions from the Task Force on Weather-linked Economical Disclosure and the company’s contributions toward the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Aims.
Important sustainability highlights consist of:
- CP led the North American Class 1 railroads with the lowest Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)-reportable coach accident frequency rate for the 16th consecutive calendar year in 2021.
- CP completed 2021 with its least expensive-at any time FRA-reportable private injuries frequency rate. Own accidents were down 17 per cent from 2020, with a frequency charge of .92 for every 200,000 worker-hours.
- CP carried out over 100,000 observe inspections, masking a lot more than two million track miles in 2021 to retain community resiliency and safety.
- In 2021, CP invested extra than $1.5 billion into the railway to more enrich community capability and enhance functionality and protection.
- CP launched its initially Local weather Approach in 2021 committing to science-based mostly emissions reduction targets across the firm’s Scope 1, 2 and 3 greenhouse gasoline emissions.
- As a result of continued financial commitment to increase locomotive gas efficiency, CP realized a 44 % improvement because 1990.
- In April 2021, CP commenced making renewable electrical power from a freshly created photo voltaic electricity farm at its Calgary headquarters, developing 4,378 MWh of electrical energy in 2021.
- As part of CP’s Weather Tactic, CP continued to development its Hydrogen Locomotive Program to develop North America’s to start with line-haul hydrogen locomotive. In 2021, CP declared options to increase the application to incorporate a few locomotive conversions and the design of two hydrogen generation and fueling facilities.
- CP transported 1.28 million scrap rail ties to cogeneration facilities for power recovery, diverting around 105,000 metric tonnes of squander from landfills.
- By way of its CP Has Heart software, CP served elevate about $5.2 million in 2021 for cardiac triggers across its community. Since 2014, the system has elevated more than $29 million to increase the heart overall health of grownups and kids throughout North The united states.
- CP’s 3 inside range councils concentration on promoting racial, gender (like 2SLGBTQ+) and Indigenous diversity at CP.
- In reaction to wildfires in Lytton, B.C. in 2021, CP pledged $1 million to assist restoration initiatives.
In recognition of the CP’s ongoing actions to fortify its sustainability disclosure and performance, in 2021 CP was named to the CDP A Listing for the to start with time, and bundled on the Dow Jones Sustainability North The us Index for the next 12 months in a row. CP’s management in sustainability practices was also regarded as one particular of Corporate Knights Magazine’s 2022 World wide 100 most sustainable organizations and by the Entire world Finance Sustainability Awards 2021, which named the company a sustainability leader in the transportation sector.
The 2021 Sustainability Facts Dietary supplement and the 2020 Corporate Sustainability Report are accessible on the internet through CP’s Sustainably Driven website.
About Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct one-way links to significant ports on the west and east coasts. CP gives North American prospects a competitive rail company with accessibility to essential marketplaces in just about every corner of the world. CP is expanding with its clients, presenting a suite of freight transportation products and services, logistics solutions and source chain abilities. Go to cpr.ca to see the rail benefits of CP. CP-IR
Resource Canadian Pacific